Introduction of Telemedicine and creation of eHealth network in Nigeria for the aim of providing the national medical community and the general population with a rapid, reliable and cost effective way of healthcare delivery services; medical education including research, development, practical application and supplementary training to promote national health telematics particularly telemedicine and eHealth.
Technology for Improving National Health
§ How to achieve our Mission
· Support co-operation between non-governmental organisations/ institutions and governmental institutions/organisations in implementing national telemedicine and eHealth strategy in Nigeria.
· Support national telemedicine and eHealth programs
· Promote the cause of telemedicine and eHealth within public and private health institutions within Nigeria and other International Institutions/ organisations.
· Contribute initial and supplementary theoretical training in the field of telemedicine and eHealth, including its application throughout the health sector regardless of professional or geographical limits.
· Bring together telemedicine and eHealth users, Scientists, researchers, sponsors, advisers, manufacturers, distributors and their scientific personnel.
· Promote the formulation and publication of rules for good practice and guidelines and information on the course of action.
· Support activities relating to establishment of appropriate legal outline, conditions for telemedicine and eHealth applications in Nigeria.
· Networking with international telemedicine and eHealth communities.
· Dissemination of information and creation of awareness on telemedicine and eHealth issues in Nigeria via the society’s websites
· Participation in working groups in Nigeria to promote extensive use of existing standards such as DICOM, HL7
· Offering assistance on legal matters bordering on telemedicine and eHealth.
· Open dialogue and co-operation between industry in Nigeria to promote the development of innovative products, solutions, and services in telemedicine and eHealth.
· Offering special discounts for adverts and publications in the Society’s official scientific Journal ‘The Nigerian Journal of Telemedicine & eHealth’.
· If the decision makers in government institutions in Nigeria will take into account eHealth services within the framework of National health policy
· SFTeHIN can play a role through its objectives/activities in implementing national eHealth strategy that will yield results nationally;
· To improve the quality, efficiency of healthcare services
· To reduce the cost of healthcare services
· To improve access to medical knowledge-makes the patient to become an educated and informed consumer, effective & economic tool to train and educate medical students / doctors and healthcare professionals with international standard.
· To reinforce national Health structures.
Critical Success Factors
· Strong commitment of members of the society, partners, collaborators and participating institutions
· Availability of resources to fund activities
· Demonstrated benefit to members, participating institutions and the entire nation
Evidence of the objectives/ activities